Visiting Preachers & Worship Leaders
If you are visiting TMC as a preacher, minister or to lead all or part of our worship then you may find this section helpful.
Directions to TMC can be found here
You can find us at LA4 6LT on Sat Nav.
We have PowerPoint and a fixed data projector in the worship area. If you wish to make use of PowerPoint you can prepare your slides in advance and either email them or bring them with you on a USB stick.
If you are going to prepare slides then the following guidelines may help, based on our experiences with our set-up.
- Font sizes work best at between 38 and 44 points, bold type works best.
- Backgrounds are best in solid colours, gradients and patterms do not work well.
- The best contrast is either white or yellow on dark blue or black. Black on white also works well.
- Photographs do not show particularly well, especially busy photos with lots of detail.
- Simple photos where the subject is clear will be OK.
- Sometimes background photos with text can work well, provided the background colour is fairly solid and a good contrast with where the text is.
Please Note :
We use PowerPoint in the morning services but often not in the evening services, please check with the steward who contacts you to see if it is available for the evening.
Songs & Hymns
We use Hymns & Psalms and Singing the Faith supplemented by our own worship book and other songs.
You can see what a typical Sunday morning service is like at TMC here.
The first 20 minutes of the service is for all age worship, including families and young children.
ReadersWe have a rota of readers and if you wish our members to read any of the lessons please tell the steward when they phone for details of the service.
If you have any other questions or requirements which you can't find answers to on here then please do ask the steward for help or look at our contacts page for lists of numbers and email addresses.